Hopkins River Homestead104 Tooram Road, Allansford, 3277, Victoria, Australia
About this listing
Enjoy the serenity and tranquillity of this reproduction federation homestead overlooking the historic Hopkins River. This grand home has years of history and many stories within its walls. It has old world charm with the modern comforts of today’s living including unlimited NBN WiFi, plus all linen and towels supplied. The kitchen is impressive with a huge 5 burner gas stove, oven and coffee machine. Don’t worry after doing a big cook up as there’s a powerful dishwasher to take care of the washing up.
It is located at the end of the Great Ocean Road within minutes of Warrnambool, beaches, whale viewing, and 30 minutes from the 12 Apostles coastal park. Situated on 10 acres with 4 spacious bedrooms and 2 bathrooms it is the perfect family retreat, offering well-appointed accommodation for up to 10 guests. All rooms capture the true essence of the surrounding nature.
Enjoy being warmed by the open fire in the two living areas, just don't forget to bring some marshmallows to enjoy. There is also air conditioning and ceiling fans in the living area plus oil heaters in each room. Take your relaxation to the next level with enjoying a spa bath, perhaps with a glass of champagne.
Relax on the verandah and observe the activities of our resident platypus colony, or perhaps try a spot of fishing by the river, without even leaving the home.
Don't miss the chance to explore Warnambool's beautiful parks and beaches along with one of the many bike and walking trails, for every age and ability. Bring your bikes and circle Lake Pertobe, check out the views along the Promenade linking to the historic breakwater or ride to the whale nursery at Logans Beach. It's a cyclist's paradise!
Renovating, relocating, between house sales? We would welcome you for stays of up to 3 months. Ask us about our monthly rates and cleaning services.
Nespresso Breville Creatista Plus coffee machine, air conditioning and oil heaters, ceiling fans. Sa bath, full laundry with washing machine and clothes dryer, iron and ironing board. Flat screen Smart TV, DVD Player, CD Player, double lock up garage, barbecue, hairdryer.
Smoking is permitted in the outside area but is strictly not allowed inside the house.
Bedroom Configuration. Linen and Towels supplied
Bedroom 1 – Queen Bed
Bedroom 2 – Queen Bed
Bedroom 3 – Two singles and 2 trundle beds on request (additional fee may apply)
Bedroom 4 – Double sofa bed
Please request the following items prior to your stay
- A porta cot and high chair: no charge but you must supply your own linen for the portacot.
Bathroom 1 – Spa bath, shower and Toilet
Bathroom 2 – Shower and Toilet
Please beware that there is an electric fence around the property. This is to avoid stray sheep, cows and calves in our paddocks to keep the grass down, otherwise, it will become a fire hazard.
You can get to Warrnambool from Melbourne via V/Line at Southern Cross Train Station, it takes 3.5 hours. Warrnambool Train station is 13km, 14min drive from Hopkins River Homestead.
- Horse riding – Enjoy a trail ride along the beach in Warrnambool with Rundell's Mahogany Trail Rides
- Warrnambool golf club –Play a round of golf and enjoy a refreshing ale afterwards. Rated among Australia’s top 100 by Golf Digest.
- Tower Hill Reserve –A scenic 20 minute drive that you must take to see this spot of paradise which is perfect for all ages. This reserve is nestled in a dormant volcano and nowadays is a beautiful haven for wildlife. The lakes and wetlands encourage many species of water birds to come and play.
- The Worn Gundidj Visitor Centre is worth checking out as it features cultural displays and locally-produced authentic Aboriginal Products.
- Cheese World – Home of the famous Warrnambool Cheese and Butter (WCB) Company. WCB have been making high quality dairy products for over 120 years so make sure you visit Cheese World in Allansford for free tastings and to step back in time.
- Hopkins Falls – Pack a picnic and use the table and chairs on site and there are also toilets on site. There is a very short walk down to a viewing area at the base of the falls so perfect for the little ones.
- Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village by day and Shipwrecked! Sound and Laser Show by night – Imagine Sovereign Hill but with ships only 10 minutes away.
- Fishing: Warrnambool has a broad range of recreational fishing opportunities ranging from freshwater fishing in the lakes and rivers to estuarine and saltwater fishing in the bays, inlets and ocean.
- The Warrnambool Racing Club: country Victoria’s leading racing club, playing host to 20 days of racing action throughout the year.The number of people in Warrnambool double during the world renowned Tab corp May Racing Carnival.
and Guest Information
Please note we will deduct $500 from your credit card 10 days prior to your arrival. This will then be returned upon inspection of the property after your departure. If we need to make a claim against your security deposit it covers an amount up to $1000, which may include but is not limited to the following: Excess cleaning fees, Excess laundering fees (inc. sleeping directly on to doonas, pillows, mattresses), Dirty BBQ, Excess garbage removal, Damage or breakages at the property, Loss of keys or scanners and Late check-out. Our rates are based on twin share. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed in advance. Please include all adults and children in your enquiry. If you have babies please advise their ages also.
Please note guests under the age of 25 must travel with a guest of 25 years of age or older. Guests are required to be at least 25 years of age to stay in our property on their own. Unless prior approval is given, guests not conforming to this policy, will result in Rejuvenate Stays denying access to the property and no refunds will be provided. We are happy to consider making exceptions so please contact us if you don't fall within our age restrictions but would love to stay.
- Guests: 10
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 7
- Bathrooms: 2
- per night: $351
- Allow additional guests: No
- 2 Queen bed
- 1 Double Sofa bed
- 2 Trundle bed
- 2 Single bed
- 4 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Board Games
- Built in Robes
- Car Spaces
- CD Player
- Ceiling Fan
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Machine
- Dining Area
- Dining Table
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Blanket
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free fixed Line Internet
- Free Wi-Fi
- Great Ocean Road
- Hair dryer
- High chair
- Iron And Ironing Board
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Provided
- Living Room
- Pantry Items
- Parking off Street
- Porta cot
- Rejuvenate Stays
- Shower- separate enclosure
- Smoke Alarms
- Spa Bath
- Washing Machine
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Sort By:
Great property just outside of Warrnambool. All the amenities and space you could need. Thank you for hosting our large group
Nice quiet private property. Very good amenities and the tranquillity of the property was surreal.
Lovely old homestead for our big family! Had various bed set up’s available. Location was close to everything we needed!
Enjoyed our stay with the beautiful view, and property.
Beautiful home that’s spacious with quality fittings. There were electric blankets which I found to be a welcome touch since it was cold. Had a relaxing time staring into the fireplace and falling asleep on the couch.