Discover the beauty of Warrnambool, situated on Victoria’s south-west coast amid green dairying country and overlooking the deep blue of the Southern Ocean. Discover the tumultuous history of the Shipwreck Coast on a visit to the award-winning Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village. Explore the geological history at Tower Hill just 14km west of Warrnambool, with a visit to an extinct volcano crater. During the summer months visit our spectacular beaches surrounding the bustling township, dive in for a spot of swimming or surfing, or just stroll along the beach soaking up the sunshine.
Things To Do
- Visit Flagstaff Hill Maritime Museum
- Visit the Warrnambool museum
- Take a trip to Middle Island
- See Harrison Craig sing Elton John love songs
- Melbourne Symphony Orchestra presents an evening of classical masterworks
- For dates and information please visit: https://calendar.warrnambool.vic.gov.au/visit-30-days
Food and Wine
- Simon’s Waterfront – situated only metres from the beach, you can sit and relax, indulge and enjoy great food
- Macey’s Bistro – family friendly bistro with an extensive menu and great atmosphere
- Pippies by the Bay – combining fantastic food and world-class views of the Southern Ocean this is a complete dining experience. Modern Australian cuisine, with strong Italian influences, using the best fresh local produce, this is the ideal place to be.
- Pavilion café and bar – start the day with a great breakfast, at the superb beachside café, with views overlooking Lady Bay.
Stay with us: